Anthropology Major Through Southwestern Community College
Students who earn a degree in anthropology have special understanding of human relations and expertise for jobs involving international or cross-cultural work, and social and ethnic diversity in the United States. Upon graduation, anthropology majors begin careers in government work, international affairs, gerontology, urban and regional planning, social work, marketing, museum work, and education.
Studying Anthropology at Iowa
Review the responsibilities required to become and remain eligible for the 2 Plus 2 Guaranteed Graduation Plan.
Southwestern Community College checkpoints
- Complete the fourth level of a single world language as needed for Iowa's General Education Program.
- Complete ANT 105 Cultural Anthropology.
- Complete all requirements for the AA degree.
- When transferring to Iowa, present a cumulative transfer grade-point average (GPA) of at least 2.00 from all colleges attended.
University of Iowa checkpoints
- Complete the UI courses required for this major, as specified in the UI General Catalog.
- Complete at least half of the remaining semester hours needed for your major and degree during each of your two years at Iowa. (A total of 33 semester hours is required for the anthropology major and 120 semester hours for the BA degree.)
A current schedule of UI courses is available online via Iowa Student Information Services (MyUI).