Criminology, Law and Justice Major Through Indian Hills Community College
Criminology and criminal justice focus on understanding the causes of crime and the operation of criminal justice systems. An undergraduate degree in this field provides background for a wide range of careers, including those in policing, security, corrections, juvenile justice, delinquency treatment, and other justice organizations, as well as in social services, applied social research, and some businesses.
Review the responsibilities required to become and remain eligible for the 2 Plus 2 Guaranteed Graduation Plan.
Indian Hills Community College checkpoints
- Complete the fourth level of a single world language as needed for Iowa's General Education Program.
- Complete two of these three courses:
- CRJ 100 Introduction to Criminal Justice
- SOC 200 Criminolgy
- SOC 110 Introduction to Sociology
- Complete the following math course (may require a prerequisite as suggested by math placement):
- MAT 156 Statistics
- MAT 161 Business Statistics
- The following course may be completed at Indian Hills Community College or at the University of Iowa:
- SOC 120 Marriage and Family
- Complete all requirements for the AA degree.
- When transferring to Iowa, present a cumulative transfer grade-point average (GPA) of at least 2.00 from all colleges attended.
University of Iowa checkpoints
A current schedule of UI courses is available online via Iowa Student Information Services (MyUI).