Religious Studies Major Through Kirkwood Community College
This undergraduate major introduces a variety of religious traditions both past and present, East and West. It encourages comparative study and critical thought. It does not seek to impose religious beliefs on students but intends to provide an understanding of the ultimate values of people who differ from us, whoever we are.
Studying Religious Studies at Iowa
Review the responsibilities required to become and remain eligible for the 2 Plus 2 Guaranteed Graduation Plan.
Kirkwood Community College checkpoints
- Complete the fourth level of a single world language as needed for Iowa's General Education Program.
- Complete REL 130 Introduction to Religions of the East
- Complete all requirements for the AA degree.
- When transferring to Iowa, present a cumulative transfer grade-point average (GPA) of at least 2.00 from all colleges attended.
University of Iowa checkpoints
- Complete the UI courses required for this major, as specified in the UI General Catalog.
- Complete at least half of the remaining semester hours needed for your major and degree during each of your two years at Iowa. (A total of 30 semester hours is required for the religious studies major and 120 semester hours for the BA degree.)
A current schedule of UI courses is available online via Iowa Student Information Services (MyUI).